Thursday, March 12, 2009

So, its poetry Thursday. It was going to be poetry Friday, but it’s Thursday and I have poems, so I am just going with it. These are some lovely original poems about my dear little chickens so I hope that you enjoy. If you don’t like them- don’t ever tell me because I think they are the best.

This one is for Reagan:
Are
By
Jacinta Mullins

I love to be with you
A small blonde cricket
You chirp and laugh and talk all day
I mostly see the top of hair
As you dig and search for bugs
I am drawn to your bright
Like a moth
So is everyone else
Inside I smile
I am your source of life
Somehow you are mine

This one is Ryley:

Reflections
By
Jacinta Mullins

This is the son of magic
The fabled first born
The son of power
The son of my right hand
What weight rests on your thin shoulders
I remove it now
You are free
You are my cherished boy
The one who first opened my heart
The bringer of love
Be what you want
Lean on my strength I am strong
You are a wonder

Last, but not least, Sheridan:
Blink
By
Jacinta Mullins

In the gray between light and dark
I lie in bed holding two hands
My husband, my daughter, and me
He sleeps, his hand loose in mine.
Her hand is restless, looking for sleep again.
I am there to think of love, dreams, and ambition
What I would will for her life
I don’t want to close my eyes.
If I blink I know
She will be lying in bed with a husband and daughter of her own.

3 comments:

  1. You are blessed to be able to write so beautifully. My poetry is like my dancing- they both sport the mentally challenged appeal. Thank goodness my girls have your brother for a daddy; he writes them sonnets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one dedicated to Sheridan is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING...your children are so lucky to have an amazing mother like you! What a gift

    ReplyDelete